Hammered Mixing Glass - RUNNER UP
This listing is for a "Runner Up" Mixing Glass. Our Runner Up barware is fully functional and still quite stunning, but has one or more "love bites" from the manufacturing process that prevent it from passing final inspection.
For the Mixing Glass, these features are generally one of the following:
- The walls of the Mixing Glass are thinner than our normal glass. Cocktails may chill more quickly in this glass (bonus!), but it is a bit more fragile.
- The base of the Mixing Glass is uneven on the inside. It still sits evenly on a surface, but it's a bit visually out-of-balance. This has no impact on the performance or durability of the vessel, and if you consider the silver lining, it's testament to the handmade nature of the glass ;)
- The spout might be a bit smaller or larger than normal
- The glass might be slightly out of round
- The seams may be a little more visible or pronounced than our normal glass.
This Mixing Glass is not only stunning to look at (and sure to impress guests), but it's a workhorse behind the bar. It's the perfect diameter for stirring, and also slim enough to hold easily in one hand while pouring.
Because the walls are thinner than many cut-glass mixing glasses, cocktails chill more quickly and efficiently. It also holds up like a champion in commercial dishwashers and hot/cold shock situations like high-volume bars and restaurants.
What Cocktail Lovers Are Saying:
“The team behind Standard Spoon led the charge to design a superior mixing glass — one that was equal parts visually compelling, functional and affordable” — Tales of the Cocktail
"I love my #HammeredMixingGlass ! ☺️ Can’t wait to use it to create more great cocktails!" — @husdon_yards_cocktails
- Holds 18 ounces of liquid (550ml)
- 3.5" wide ergonomic stirring diameter
- Weighted bottom provides stability
- Seamed (heat treated for durability)
- Dishwasher safe
Restaurant Packs: Purchasing for a bar or restaurant? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for industry quantities and pricing.
Glass, 5.5” (14cm) tall, 3.5” (9cm) diameter, weight: 14 oz (400 g), capacity: 18 oz (550 ml)
These cocktail mixing glasses are made by hand, so slight variations may occur. Each mixing glass is inspected individually by us in California to ensure it meets our quality standards.
The Hammered Mixing Glass Story:
When we set out to design a Mixing Glass, we wanted to offer something different. Something elegant, simple, and extremely functional. The Hammered Glass texture serves two purposes: it reflects light beautifully - making any cocktail come alive - and serves as a functional finish, providing better grip when pouring.
The hammered pattern doesn’t require the walls of the glass to be as thick as what’s needed for a cut-glass design, making it actually smaller in the hand, while containing the same volume of liquid. This easy-handling diameter is something we wanted to achieve, and because the walls are thinner, it chills drinks faster, and reduces hand and wrist strain while pouring.
We manufacture all of our products with three things in mind: utmost utility, beautiful design, and uncompromising quality. With the the Hammered Mixing Glass, we went with a seamed design to keep the price-point accessible, but ensure its heat-treated for durability. We placed these glasses in high-volume bars for testing, and they outlasted even their most sophisticated predecessors.
Shawn Michael & Rachel Eva